Long time no posts. I've been having some issues trying to come up with things to make. Kind of a "baker's block" if you may. Also I changed to a new job so that has been quite stressful. But not to worry things should pick up and I shall try to get back to my wednesday posts.
In other news, I decided to join the Secret Baker Friend circle number 20. And today I got the first package. I was so excited about this, I forgot my ID home, so I had to make two trips to the post office. But here's what I received from my new friend.
- a 23,5 cm cake and/or pie tin
- white fondant
- adorable napkins
- chocolate chip cookies
- baking powder
- Marianne Crush (Marianne is a hard peppermint candy with a chocolate filling)
- a rose water scented candle
- a recipe for the world's greatest berrypie (we shall see about that later) and a recipe for a berrypie with sour cream (sounds interesting)
- a card with a picture of a basket of blueberries and the words: Summer on your mind and blueberries, not much can beat that (a rough translation)
- not in the pictures but in the package was also Cake magazine, I'll do a brief post on it later once I've read it properly
And let me just say.. A cake tin!? I love this person already! Just like I loved my last circle's friend from day one. And I promise I will start to practice with the fondant. And I better because I was given the slightest hint about my godson turning three and a cake being needed..
Kiitoksia sinulle ihana salaiseni mahtavasta ja selkeästi ajatuksella kootusta paketista. Mistä tiesitkään että olen pähkäillyt tuollaisen matalan pohjan hankkimista jo pitkään? Taitaa olla pikkulinnut vakoilemassa täällä päin. Täytyy alkaa tuon massan käyttöä nyt sitten harjoittelemaan, kun ei voi enää tekosyynä sanoa että kun ei ole vaan osunut käteen tuollainen. Innolla odottelen ensi kuuta.